Skip to content Accessibility info

Auto Insurance

from SolutionPoint Insurance

Overland Park & Leawood Auto Insurance

Drivers in Kansas are required to carry at least the minimum legal auto insurance. In fact, you won’t be able to register your vehicle without it. Auto insurance protects you as the driver, and it also safeguards other motorists, pedestrians, and property owners when the unexpected happens.

What does Kansas require as the minimum auto insurance?

  • Bodily injury liability coverage: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
  • Property damage liability coverage: $25,000
  • Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident

Bodily injury liability insurance reimburses other parties if they are hurt when you are at fault in an accident and covers things like medical expenses and lost wages.

Property damage liability covers property owners if you damage their property in an accident, including other vehicles, landscaping, fencing, and the like. To cover your own vehicle, however, you need collision insurance (see below).

Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage covers you and passengers in your vehicle in accidents where you are not at fault but the other driver has no insurance or poor insurance coverage.

Bear in mind this is the minimum auto insurance you must carry. You can always add more coverage for new or younger drivers in your household.

What do collision and comprehensive insurance cover?

You can add collision and comprehensive insurance to your liability coverage to get what we call full coverage auto insurance. If you are financing your vehicle with a third party, this may even be required.

Collision insurance pays for the repair or replacement of your vehicle up to a predetermined amount should it become damaged or completely lost in an accident that is your fault. We recommend this to help get life back to normal quickly after an accident, especially if you depend on your car or truck.

Comprehensive insurance covers the repair or replacement of your vehicle should it be vandalized, stolen, or damaged by natural disasters, fire, or hail. Like collision insurance, it safeguards your vehicle up to a certain amount, designated in your policy.

Get in Touch for Auto Insurance Today

You put yourself, your family, and other people at risk when you drive without the required auto insurance. SolutionPoint Insurance independent agents are experts at helping Overland Park and Leawood drivers find the ideal auto insurance coverage from our large menu of auto insurance products. Reach out for a quote online or call us at 913-735-0110 today. You’ll love knowing you’re driving legally and that your vehicle is protected in the event you have an accident.